About Fixing Furry Friends
Safeguards for Your Pets:
To make sure that they are not euthanized at an animal shelter, put identification on your dogs and cats. If an animal is picked up without a tag, they are considered a stray. If you are missing your pet, even one day, call or go into the Animal Control to see if your pet is there. Put ads in the paper and call the radio stations. Identification is the key to getting your pet home safe.
Our Wish is to have no unwanted dogs and cats. We do this by helping people with pets with the cost of spaying or neutering their dogs and cats. This is the only way to stop the killing of millions of dogs and cats (by preventing unwanted puppies and kittens). When you spay or neuter, you will stop the suffering of many dogs and cats.
~There Are Not Enough Homes For All of Them~
- In just seven years (7), a female cat and her offspring can reproduce 420,000 cats.
- In just six (6) years, one female dog and her offspring can reproduce 67,000 dogs.
IMPORTANT Additional Information:
- On average, for each pet adopted to a new home, 9 animals are euthanized because there are not enough homes for them.
- Every day in the U. S. 70,000 puppies and kittens are born while only 10,000 humans are born. That is a 7 to 1 ratio.
- Each year in the U.S., almost 15,000,000 dogs and cats are destroyed because there are just not enough loving homes for them all.
- Do not fool yourself that you can find homes for each of your pet’s offspring (and their offspring, etc.). Usually you have only eliminated potential homes for other dogs or cats. There is a limited amount of caring homes that can adopt a dog or cat.
- We have helped over 4,000 dogs and cats lead healthier and un-reproducing lives. The reports to the County Administrator from Animal Control (2001 to 2012) indicate that the amount of dogs and cats euthanized is down over 60%. Those are HUGE numbers.